All my patterns are designed with one of my favorite humans in mind, and this one belongs to my amazing mother! The hat is a quick project knit up in cozy, bulky yarn. Knit in the round from the bottom up, it starts in a rib pattern & by the end each of the ribs have crossed & twisted over one another into a fun cable! It was made to be mom's go-to hat for everything - gardening, errands, tennis, and every part of life.
- One size; adult (if you wish to make a larger hat, go up a needle size & prepare to use more yarn)
- 8 inches tall (middle of bottom to middle of top), 18 inch circumference
- Bottom will bow out more than the top
- Approximately 85 yards bulky yarn
- Sample: 1 skein Purl Soho Super Soft Merino, colorway Extra Green
NEEDLES & NOTIONS
- US Size 13 (9 mm) 16 inch circular needles, 1 set DPN
- Stitch marker
- Cable needle
- Tapestry needle
- Measuring tape
- Blocking materials of your choice
- 8.5 sts x 15 rnds = 4 inches in rib pattern
- If you are confused or stuck, there are a lot of great tutorials online for all of these techniques!
- Long tail cast on
- Knitting in the rnd
- Simple decreasing
- This is a .pdf pattern download that will give a unique link which will expire after purchase, so make sure to download & save it. Patterns are for personal use only and are protected by international copyright law. All images, text, illustration, and pattern are the property of the designer, Megan Lynch of Freesia Fibers.