This beanie is designed to be cozy enough that you want to wear it constantly and classy enough that it can hold up with many outfits. I knit my sample in the gorgeous Arranmore from The Fibre Co. so my hat doesn't have a lot of give, but if you knit it in 100% wool you'll get a nice springy beanie. This hat is perfect for beginning knitters! You'll practice knitting in the round, simple cabling, and get a new favorite hat.
- One size; adult small/medium
- 20 inch rib circumference (blocked & unstretched) from middle of top to middle of bottom
- Approximately 125 yards aran weight yarn
- Sample: 1 skein The Fibre Co. Arranmore, colorway Finian
NEEDLES & NOTIONS
- US Size 7 (4.5 mm) DPNs
- Cable needle
- Tapestry needle
- Measuring tape
- Blocking materials of your choice
- 16 sts x 26 rnds = 4 inches in 3x2 rib in the rnd (blocked)
- If you are confused or stuck, there are a lot of great tutorials online for all of these techniques!
- Long tail cast on
- Knitting in the rnd
- Simple decreasing
- This is a .pdf pattern download that will give a unique link which will expire after purchase, so make sure to download & save it. Patterns are for personal use only and are protected by international copyright law. All images, text, illustration, and pattern are the property of the designer, Megan Lynch of Freesia Fibers.