All of my patterns are designed with a dear friend in mind, and this one belongs to the amazing Maddie! The Maddie headband is a fun, cozy, bring-everywhere accessory perfect for my sunshiney, reliable, & stupidly lovable best friend! Knit in the round with ribbing, simple lace and staghorn cables make this a fun, quick knit and a great way to use up fingering weight yarn!
- One size fits all
- 5.5 inches tall, 16 inch circumference
- Approximately 175 yards fingering weight yarn
- Sample: 1 skein Madelinetosh Feather, colorway White Wash
NEEDLES & NOTIONS
- 5 US Size 2 (2.75 mm) double pointed needles
- Cable needle
- Tapestry needle
- Measuring tape
- Blocking materials of your choice
16 sts & 20 rows = 2 inches in k1tbl, p1 rib in the round (blocked)
If you are confused or stuck, there are a lot of great tutorials online for all of these techniques!
- Long tail cast on
- Knit through the back loop
- Simple lacework
- Increasing (M1R)
- Decreasing (k2tog, ssk)
- Knitting in the round
- Reading a chart (optional)
- Elizabeth Zimmermann's Better Bind Off (Purl Soho has a great tutorial!)
This is a .pdf pattern download that will give a unique link which will expire after purchase, so make sure to download and save it. Patterns are for personal use only and are protected by international copyright law. All images, text, illustration, and pattern are the property of the designer, Megan Lynch of Freesia Fibers.