This cozy cap was born out of a love for yarn - Twirl Yarns Petals, to be exact. I saw this yarn at Brooklyn General Store during a trip to NYC & it was like a light was shining on it screaming "BUY ME & MAKE EVERYTHING". Somehow I restrained myself to only one (okay, two) skein(s) & decided to design a hat that shows off all the glorious qualities of this yarn. The slightly irregular texture screamed squishy garter stitch, the soft halo of mohair screamed lace, the rustic softness of the Shetland wool/alpaca blend screamed cables - so I did a little bit of everything! It's a quick, fun little knit perfect for both selfish & gift knitting.
– One size; to fit adult small/medium head
– Finished circumference: 20.5"
– Finished height (brim to tip of crown): 9"
– NOTE: all measurements are taken after blocking
– Approximately 105 yards sport weight yarn
– Sample: Twirl Yarns Petals, Bosa Nova (1 skein); wool, alpaca, & mohair
Needles & Notions
– 1 set US size 3 DPNs
– 1 set US size 3 circular ndls, 16" cord
– Tapestry needle
– Measuring tape
– Cable needle
– Blocking materials
11 sts & 30 rnds = 2.5 inches in garter stitch in the rnd; approximately 4.4 sts/1 inch
If you are confused or stuck, there are a lot of great tutorials online for all of these techniques!
– Long tail cast on
– Simple cables
– Simple lace
– Knitting in the round
– Simple decreasing