You know when you're on a trip & you realize that you're cold & didn't pack enough layers so you buy something out of need & it becomes one of your favorite pieces? That happened to me in New York, except instead of buying a jacket I bought some super bulky yarn & knit this lovely wrap up real fast. And now I never take it off! It's an incredibly simple pattern that produces a gorgeous result of cables, lace, & moss stitch. You can whip one up in an afternoon! Perfect for gift knitting, & the first patten in my 2017 Gift Knitting Guide.
– One size, although can be easily lengthened
– Finished length: 42"
– Finished width: 12"
– Approximately 150 yards super bulky yarn
– Sample: Purl Soho Gentle Giant, colorway Cowrie Pink (3 skeins)
Needles & Notions
– 1 set US size 17 ndls (circular or straight, whatever works for you)
– Tapestry needle
– Measuring tape
– Blocking materials
3.25 sts & 4 rows = 2 inches in stockinette stitch
If you are confused or stuck, there are a lot of great tutorials online for all of these techniques!
– Long tail cast on
– Cabling without a cable needle
– Simple lace