All of my patterns are designed with a dear friend in mind, and this one belongs to the one-of-a-kind Jaclyn! These mitts are funky yet classy just like my favorite roommate, with a little cable down the side for her Celtic love! They include many fun design elements to keep knitters interested: an asymmetrical top-down structure, short rows, a side cable, a split hem, and more.
- One size fits all
- 8 inches tall (highest point to bottom of split hem), 7 inch circumference (unstretched)
- Approximately 125 yards aran weight yarn
- Sample: 1 skein Malabrigo Merino Worsted, colorway 069 Pearl Ten
NEEDLES & NOTIONS
- 5 US Size 7 (4.5 mm) double pointed needles
- Cable needle (optional)
- Tapestry needle
- Measuring tape
- Blocking materials of your choice
- 9 sts & 14 rows = 2 inches in alternating rnds of knit and ktbl sts (after blocking)
If you are confused or stuck, there are a lot of great tutorials online for all of these techniques!
- Long tail cast on
- Knitting in the round
- Short rows
- Pick up & knit stitches
- Split hems
- Elizabeth Zimmermann's Better Bind Off (Purl Soho has a great tutorial!)
This is a .pdf pattern download that will give a unique link which will expire after purchase, so make sure to download and save it. Patterns are for personal use only and are protected by international copyright law. All images, text, illustration, and pattern are the property of the designer, Megan Lynch of Freesia Fibers.