This pattern was originally designed with my friend Rachel in mind - a fun, go-with-the-flow spirit always heading out on adventures. It has since become one of my absolute favorite pieces, due to its versatility & coziness. It's reversible, can be worn upside down or right side up, has an optional hood which folds down into a snuggly cowl, & is perfect to take as a companion on any adventure!
– Adult Small/Medium (Adult Large/X-Large); Models are wearing size Adult Small/Medium
– Measured flat: 55" (70") wide at bottom, 25" (40") tall at widest point, 19" (28") between armholes, 12.5" (12.5") wide armholes
– Approximately 1350 (2600) yards DK weight yarn
– Sample (in Adult Small/Medium): 6 skeins Madelinetosh DK Twist, colorway Blue Lacy
Needles & Notions
– US Size 6 (4.0 mm) circular needles, 36 inches or longer for main body
– US Size 6 (4.0 mm) circular needles, 36 inches or shorter for finishing
– Tapestry needle
– Stitch markers
– Measuring tape
– Blocking materials of your choice
18 sts & 38 rows = 4 inches in garter stitch (after blocking)
If you are confused or stuck, there are a lot of great tutorials online for all of these techniques!
– Long tail cast on
– Backwards loop cast on
– Short rows
– Pick up & knit stitches
– Knitting in the round
Pattern is knit flat with sections of plain garter st and short row shaping. For finishing, stitches are picked up and knit (sometimes in the round) at various points for style and support. Finished product is roughly rectangular on the bottom with a semicircle extension for the hood. Blocking is highly recommended! Additional notes in pattern directions.